Transitions Scratch Card Promotion - terms & conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry and claim instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by participating, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
2. Promoter: Essilor Ltd, Cooper Road, Thornbury, Bristol, BS35 3UW.
3. Eligibility: This promotion is available to UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) Essilor independent customers who buy lenses directly from Essilor or from an Essilor partner or preferred laboratory taking part in the promotion.
4. It is the responsibility of every employed registrant to seek permission from senior management of his or her employer prior to registering the Practice for this promotion. All participants must be aged at least 18 years. No employees, their relatives or agents of the Promoter are eligible to take part including its subsidiaries, other group companies, its agents, or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
5. The Transitions Virtual Scratch Card promotion will run 00.01hrs on 20th September 2021 until 23.59 hrs on 31st December 2021.
6. Independent optical practices placing an order for a pair of Transitions photochromic Essilor branded lenses during the promotional period will receive a unique code to play the virtual scratch card game. There is no limit to the number of codes that a business can receive during the promotional period.
7. One code will be despatched with every pair of Transitions photochromic Essilor branded lenses purchased during the promotional period.
8. You’ll need to visit the promotional portal Competitions.TransitionsPrizes.com to play. If you are logging on for the first time, you’ll need to give the following details: your name, surname, business email address, business name and address. One free entry to the Star Prize draw will be granted upon registering your details for the first time.
9. You’ll need to tick the form to say you have the permission of the business owner to participate.
10. The system will capture your details so you won’t have to do this for subsequent visits.
11. Once you are on the portal, you can use your mouse or hand (depending on device) to scratch off the panel to reveal if you have won.
12. If you have won you can claim your prize instantly. You will receive an Amazon prize code. This will appear in a prize wallet on your profile page – you will need this to claim your online gift voucher.
13. Your prize codes will remain on the portal until 31st January 2022. You will be unable to obtain prize codes or to claim vouchers thereafter.
14. Essilor cannot offer an alternative past this date.
15. There are five different instant scratch card prizes: £5 Amazon vouchers X 5600, £10 Amazon voucher x 1000, £20 Amazon voucher x 225. There are 6825 Amazon voucher winning scratch cards and 8175 nonwinning scratch cards that have been randomly allocated based on a computer algorithm. For Amazon voucher terms and conditions visit: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200272910
16. Every entry will receive one entry to the prize draw for the Star Prize. There is one star Prize of 1 x UpOnCloudNine holiday gift card worth £2500 valid until 31st December 2022.
17. No cash or other alternative prize will be provided in whole or in part, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable.
18. The prize draw will take place on 18th January 2022. The winners will be selected randomly by a computer process that produces a verifiably random result from all valid entries received during the competition period. The winner will be contacted by email to the address provided on entry within 7 days of the draw and will be asked to respond to the email to accept their prize within 14 days of notification. The prize will be despatched via 1st class post within 5 working days of acceptance and the completion of any verification process .
19. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and proof of ID which the entrant must provide within 14 days.
20. We may ask the star prize winner to participate in marketing activity via web and social media.
21. If required by a regulatory authority, and/or if we consider it lawful, necessary or appropriate to do so, we may elect to make available a list of winner’s surname, company name and/or county to members of the public or regulators who request such details within 3 months of the closing date of this Promotion. Entrants can object to disclosure, or request that disclosure be limited in scope by contacting [email@example.com] . We may nevertheless disclose the information to the Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so. You may request a copy of the winner’s list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
22. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these Terms and Conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
23. The Promoter has no control over networks and is not liable for any problems associated with them due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter will not be held liable to any individual for any fraud committed by any third party nor for any event beyond its control including, but not limited to, user error and any network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind which may restrict, delay or prevent a participant’s entry to the Promotion.
24. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions, the spirit of the promotion, any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating or won using fraudulent means. The participant agrees that they will have no claim against the Promoter in respect of any rejection or cancellation.
26. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for tax or NIC reporting or liabilities. Income tax may be payable on the value of any prize awarded as a result of this promotion and any tax liability shall be that of the recipient.
27. if any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
28. The Promoter’s decision is final with regard to all promotional matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
29. Essilor accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss or mislaid gift vouchers.
30. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction unless you live in another part of the UK, in which case your local courts will have jurisdiction.
. By participating in the Promotion, you agree to the use of your personal data as described here.