Palmer Sport Promotion - terms and conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry and claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
2. Promoter: Essilor Limited, Cooper Road, Thornbury, Bristol BS35 3UW. www.ecp.essilor.co.uk.
3. These terms and conditions apply to the Essilor Crizal Drive Promotion.
4. Promotional Period: The promotion will run from 1st April at 12.00 am to 31st December 2020 at 23.59 pm.
5. Eligibility: This promotion is exclusively available to independent business customers who buy lenses from Essilor Ltd or participating wholesaler in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland only. Entries made are per individual ordering account number. For businesses with more than one practice, the final number of points will be divided by the number of doors within the business.
6. Any registration for this promotion must be on behalf of a Practice. It is the responsibility of every employed registrant to seek permission from senior management of his or her employer prior to registering the Practice for this promotion. The Practice will be required to nominate the recipient of any prizes awarded to it; the recipient must be aged at least 21 years.
7. At the end of the promotional period, the top 28 practices with the highest purchased volume of Crizal Drive will be offered a place at Essilor driving day event on 21st October 2020 hosted by Essilor at PalmerSport, Bedford, MK44 2YP . There are 28 prizes and each prize is one place at the event. One prize per Practice only.
8. The Winners are responsible for all expenses not expressly stated in these terms and conditions as being included as part of the prize. All other costs and expenses incurred from the prize including, but not limited to travel, other food and drinks as required, additional spending money, tips and other gratuities are the Winner’s own.
9. If an employee or anyone other than the business owner claims the prize, they must seek permission from the owner before accepting the prize. This prize is non-transferable to anyone who is not employed within the winning business.
10. The attendee must have a full, valid driving licence. To view the terms and conditions please visit https://www.palmersport.com/media/on0kmktu/voucher-t-and-cs.pdf
11. There are no cash or other alternatives in whole or in part to the stated prizes.
12. Income tax may be payable on the value of any prize awarded as a result of this promotion and any tax liability shall be that of the recipient. National insurance may be payable on the value of any prizes awarded to employees and any NIC liability shall be that of the employing Practice.
13. The Practice will be responsible for any employer reporting obligations in respect of tax and NIC. Information regarding the cost per person can be obtained from the Promoter shortly after the trip.
14. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for tax or NIC reporting or liabilities.
15. Winner selection and notification: Essilor will calculate the number of Crizal Drive lenses purchased during the promotional period and will send a bi-weekly email to notify the participant of the accumulation of volume. Winners will be notified by post within 10 working days 31st July.
16. Essilor will contact the winners by phone within 14 working days from the end date of the promotion. In the event that winner does not respond within 14 days of the prize notification or does not wish to take up the prize the Promoter reserves the right to offer the ticket to the next closest scorer using the same methodology as above until the prize is awarded.
17. The names of the winning practices will be published on www.ecp.essilor.co.uk by 31st August 2020. Businesses can object to disclosure, or request that disclosure be limited in scope by contacting us by email firstname.lastname@example.org
18. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct or the results of this promotion, the decision by the Promoter shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any applicant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the applicant has breached any of these terms and conditions, the spirit of the promotion, any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating or won using fraudulent means.
20. In the event that a winner is disqualified from the promotion, a replacement winner will be selected using the same methodology as above and in accordance with these terms and conditions.
21. If a credit account is unsettled or subject to legal proceedings at any time from the end of the promotion up until the event date, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw places without compensation and award the prize to an alternate winner.
22. In the event of circumstances due to technical failure or an Act of God, the Promoter, reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
. By participating in the Promotion, you agree to the use of your personal data as described here.
24. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
25. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
26. If this event is cancelled due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, Essilor will work with its suppliers to offer places at later rescheduled dates.
These terms and conditions (and any non-contractual issues which arise out of or in connection with them) will be governed by relevant local law with any disputes as to the meaning of these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts unless you live in Ireland or in another part of the UK, in which case your local courts will have jurisdiction.