Gleneagles Promotion 2021 - terms and conditions
1) Promotional Period: The promotion will run from 8am on 1st February to midnight on 30th June 2021.
2) Eligibility: This promotion is exclusively available to Essilor customers aged 18+ who buy qualifying lenses directly from Essilor or from a participating wholesaler in the UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) and Republic of Ireland. Excludes glazers and wholesalers. A list of participating wholesalers can be found here
3) To enter the promotion, your Business Development Manager will need to enrol you during the promotional period, there is no self-registration mechanism. Business Development Manager’s must add your details to promotional campaign that sits within the CRM system. Entry will be completed following discussion about the promotion and an explanation of the mechanics and if you agree to participate. Only registered customers can enter. Entries made are per individual ordering account number, each purchase of qualifying lenses will generate points. If your business is part of a group, we will add your qualifying points together and divide them between the number of practices with the business but there is a maximum of 2 places per business. The points table can be found here
4) Essilor will measure and record the data monthly. For direct accounts this will be second Friday of every month and for indirect accounts this will be the third Friday. The sales data measured by Essilor is based on lenses ordered and invoiced within the promotion period.
5) Only Crizal UV and Optifog are qualifying lenses. The promotion excludes uncoated and all other coatings.
6) Any registration for this promotion must be on behalf of the key decision maker of that practice. It is the responsibility of every employee to seek permission from senior management of their employer prior to agreeing to participate . The Practice will be required to nominate the recipient of any prizes awarded to it, the recipient must be aged at least 18 years. Nomination must be made within one month of notification of any prize win. One place must be given to key decision maker of that practice.
7) Income tax may be payable on the value of any prize awarded as a result of this promotion and any tax liability shall be that of the recipient. National insurance may be payable on the value of any prizes awarded to employees and any NIC liability shall be that of the employing Practice. The Practice will be responsible for any employer reporting obligations in respect of tax and NIC. Information regarding the cost per person can be obtained from the Promoter shortly after the trip. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for tax or NIC reporting or liabilities.
8) There are four ways to win a place at the event: The top ten Practices with the highest points accumulation will win two places free of charge. The top ten Practices with the highest personalised lens points accumulation will win two places free of charge. The top ten Practices with the highest Varilux with Transitions points accumulation will win two places free of charge. The next thirty Practices with the highest points accumulation who didn’t qualify for free places, will receive one free place and the chance to purchase an additional place at subsidised cost of £400. This is based on one room per winning business. To calculate the scores for the personalisation prizes, we will monitor all orders that include an eyecode element (Including Varilux X4D) and / or an AVA element and allocate 20 points per pair per personalisation. All prize categories are monitored separately so you may score points towards each category.
9) There will be a maximum of 120 places available.
10) All winners will be notified within 10 working days of the promotion closing date by email. This will also be followed up by a phone call from the Business Development Manager.
11) Limited to one entry and prize per practice.
12) Prize: The prize includes three nights’ accommodation at Gleneagles Hotel, Auchterarder, Scotland from 7th - 10th September 2021. Accommodation is based on one double occupancy bedroom per winning entry, additional accommodation can be purchased at cost price subject to availability. Pre-planned activities, transfers to activities and meals are included. Activities will be confirmed prior to the accommodation dates and will be subject to Covid-19 regulations. There will be a business meeting on the morning of 8th September for which decision makers are required to attend. Domestic transfers (travel to and from Gleneagles) are excluded.
13) The prize excludes anything not specified in these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to additional meals, gratuities and activities.
14) The names of the winning practices will be published on www.ecp.essilor.co.uk during July 2021. Practices can object to disclosure, or request that disclosure be limited in scope by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
. We may nevertheless disclose the information to the Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so.
15) Details of winning practices may be used for publicity purposes in the optical press and on www.ecp.essilor.co.uk if given permission by the winners.
16) There are no cash or other alternatives in whole or in part to the stated prizes, except in the event of circumstances outside its control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute prize alternatives of equal or greater value. The prize is non-transferable.
17) If fulfilment or any element of this promotion will be delayed or affected due to the continuing Covid-19 pandemic and resulting Government restrictions, all entrants affected will be contacted by the Promoter and kept updated of any unavoidable changes to the promotional dates, revised fulfilment dates or prize.
18) Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter the prizes will only be awarded directly to Practice owners/decision makers and not to the employee registering for the promotion.
19) In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct or the results of this promotion, the decision by the Promoter shall be final.
20) The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any applicant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the applicant has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, the spirit of the promotion, any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating or won using fraudulent means.
21) In the event that any applicant is disqualified from the promotion or rejects the prize, the Promoter will offer the prize to the next customer with the highest points value. The process will repeat until an eligible winner is able to claim the prize.
22) If a winner has been awarded a prize and subsequently closes their Essilor account or reduces their spend by more than 50% or more in 3 months prior to the 7th September, Essilor reserves the right to withdraw the prize without compensation and select another winner using the same methodology as described above.
23) If a credit account is unsettled or subject to legal proceedings at any time from the end of the promotion up until the event date, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw places without compensation.
24) In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these Terms and Conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
25) The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize/gift, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
26) If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
27) Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction unless you live in Ireland or in another part of the UK, in which case your local courts will have jurisdiction.