Sports Day Promotion - terms and conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry and claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
2. Promoter: Essilor Ltd, Cooper Road, Thornbury, Bristol, BS35 3UW. Eligibility: This promotion is available to Essilor independent customers who buy lenses directly from Essilor (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) or from an Essilor partner or preferred laboratory taking part in the promotion, click here for a list of participating businesses.
3. All participants must be aged at least 18 years. No employees, their relatives or agents of the Promoter. are eligible to take part including its subsidiaries, other group companies, its agents, or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
4. It is the responsibility of every employee wishing to take part to seek permission from their employer. The Practice where the entrant is employed will be required to nominate the recipient of any prizes awarded to it, the recipient must be aged at least 18 years.
5. This promotion is not linked to and does not supersede any other promotion running at the same time.
6. Purchase is required.
7. One prize per person per Practice.
8. Promotional Period: The promotion will run from 9am 3rd August to midnight 30th October 2020.
9. Independent optical practices placing an order including a pair of Varilux Transitions with Crizal during the promotional period will receive one sticker type from one of seven different sticker types (one sticker per pair).
10. Single lenses are excluded from the promotion.
11. The sticker sent will be selected at random by an adjudicator and have no sequence.
12. Receiving a sticker does not enforce any individual or practice to take part.
13. Once a sticker is received, attach it on the relevant set on the game board supplied at the beginning of the promotion period by the participating wholesaler Replacement or additional game boards can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Game boards are free of charge.
14. There are 1500 game boards available. 3000 of each of the five types of sports sticker, 10 star prize stickers and 10 board booster stickers available to collect.
15. There are five game board booster stickers available. If awarded the value of any fully completed game board (excluding the star prize sticker) will double in value.
16. There are five star prize stickers available to win the star prize.
17. At the end of the promotional period, participants must send their game board to the Marketing Department, Essilor Ltd, Cooper Road, Thornbury, Bristol. BS35 3UW by Royal Mail or DX.
18. Misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost for any reason.
19. Prizes available are as follows:
- 1x £10 in either Amazon or John Lewis vouchers for each single completed set.
- 1x £75 in either Amazon or John Lewis vouchers if all 5 sets are completed.
- 1x £150 in either Amazon or John Lewis vouchers if all 5 sets are completed and game booster sticker is awarded.
- There are ten star prizes to be won if the star prize sticker is collected of 1x £500 in either Amazon or John Lewis vouchers.
- Amazon and John Lewis Gift cards are subject to specific terms and conditions, please see here:
20. Entrants have until Monday 30th November 2020 to submit their game board which must include the name, address and prize selection details. All entries received after this dater will be invalid.
21. Vouchers will be dispatched via DX within 28 days of receipt.
22. There are no cash or other alternatives in whole or in part to the stated prizes, except in the event of circumstances outside its control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute prize alternatives of equal or greater value. The prize is non-transferable.
23. It is possible to collect and claim more than one of the same set on different game boards or more than one different set on the same game board. There can be no mix or matching to make a set
24. If the Promoter reasonably believes that any claim is being used unlawfully or illegally, they may reject or cancel any claim and the participant agrees that they will have no claim against the Promoter in respect of any rejection or cancellation.
25. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for tax or NIC reporting or liabilities. Income tax may be payable on the value of any prize awarded as a result of this promotion and any tax liability shall be that of the recipient.
26. Only prize claims that fully adhere to these Terms and Conditions are valid. As a condition of entering the promotion, the participant agrees that all decisions of the Promoter are final and conclusive in all promotional matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
27. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the spirit of the promotion or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
28. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
29. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize/gift, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
30. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
31. The Promoter will only use the personal details supplied for the administration of the promotion and for no other purpose, unless we have your consent. Your personal details will at all times be kept confidential and in accordance with current Data Protection legislation. Click here
32. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction unless you live in another part of the UK, in which case your local courts will have jurisdiction