Game, Set & Match Promotion 2020 - terms and conditions
1. These terms and conditions apply to the Essilor Game, Set and Match promotion.
2. Promotional Period: The promotion will run from 1st
February at 12.00 am to 30th
May 2020 at 23.59 pm.
3. Eligibility: This promotion is exclusively available to independent business customers who buy lenses from Essilor Ltd in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland only.
4. Entries made are per individual ordering account number. For businesses with more than one practice, the final number of points will be divided by the number of doors within the business
5. Any registration for this promotion must be on behalf of a Practice. It is the responsibility of every employed registrant to seek permission from senior management of his or her employer prior to registering the Practice for this promotion. The Practice will be required to nominate the recipient of any prizes awarded to it; the recipient must be aged at least 21 years.
6. The top four scoring practices will each be offered two centre court tickets on 3rd
July. The next 22 top scorers will each be offered one ticket for court one on 2nd
7. The Winners are responsible for all expenses not expressly stated in these terms and conditions as being included as part of the prize. All other costs and expenses incurred from the prize including, but not limited to travel, other food and drinks as required, additional spending money, tips and other gratuities are the Winner’s own.
8. If an employee or anyone other than the business owner claims the prize, they must seek permission from the owner before accepting the prize.
9. There are no cash or other alternatives in whole or in part to the stated prizes.
10. Income tax may be payable on the value of any prize awarded as a result of this promotion and any tax liability shall be that of the recipient. National insurance may be payable on the value of any prizes awarded to employees and any NIC liability shall be that of the employing Practice.
11. The Practice will be responsible for any employer reporting obligations in respect of tax and NIC. Information regarding the cost per person can be obtained from the Promoter shortly after the trip.
12. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for tax or NIC reporting or liabilities.
13. Winner selection and notification: Essilor will calculate the number of qualifying Transitions lenses purchased during the promotional period and will send a weekly email to notify the participant of the accumulation of points. Winners will be notified by post within 10 working days 30th
14. Winners will have 14 working days from the date they received their notification to contact the Promoter to claim their prize. In the event that winner does not respond or does not wish to take up the prize the Promoter reserves the right to offer the ticket to the next closest scorer using the same methodology as above.
15. The names of the winning practices will be published on www.ecp.essilor.co.uk by 31st January 2020.
16. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct or the results of this promotion, the decision by the Promoter shall be final.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any applicant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the applicant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
18. In the event that a winner is disqualified from the promotion, a replacement winner will be selected using the same methodology as above and in accordance with these terms and conditions.
19. If a credit account is unsettled or subject to legal proceedings at any time from the end of the promotion up until the event date, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw places without compensation.
20. In the event of circumstances due to technical failure or and Act of God the Promoter, reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
21. By entering the promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
22. The Promoter will only use the personal details supplied for the administration of the promotion and for no other purpose in accordance with current Data Protection legislation. Click here
23. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
24. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
25. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
26. Promoter: Essilor Limited, Cooper Road, Thornbury, Bristol BS35 3UW www.ecp.essilor.co.uk