OrCam MyEye 2.0 prize draw terms and conditions
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry and claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: Essilor Ltd Cooper Rd, Thornbury Bristol BS35 3UW
1) The prize draw is open to people aged 18 and over whom visit the Essilor stand (M145) and have a demonstration of the OrCam MyEye 2.0 will be entered into a Prize Draw to win an Orcam MyEye 2.0 device.
2) Employees of Essilor Limited and its group companies or their family members, or anyone else connected with the Prize Draw may not enter the Prize Draw.
3) Entrants into the Prize Draw shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
4) By submitting your personal information you agree to receive a communication regarding the prize draw.
5) No purchase of the OrCam MyEye 2.0 is necessary only a demonstration.
6) The Prize Draw is open from 12th January 2019 and closes at 4pm on 14th January 2019. Entries received outside this time period will not be considered.
7) Income tax may be payable on the value of any prize awarded as a result of this promotion and any tax liability shall be that of the recipient. National insurance may be payable on the value of any prizes awarded to employees and any NIC liability shall be that of the winner. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for tax or NIC reporting or liabilities.
8) One winner will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will take place on 18th January 2019.
9) The winner will receive one OrCam MyEye 2.0 from Essilor Ltd.
10) Essilor Ltd accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize.
11) The winner will be notified by email or telephone before 25th February 2019 and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to Essilor Ltd within 14 days of being notified by Essilor Ltd, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and Essilor Ltd shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 14 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner's prize will be forfeited and Essilor Ltd shall be entitled to select another winner.
11) The prize will be sent to the winner by Essilor by post within 28 days of winner confirmation.
12) The prize winners’ full name and county is available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org within three months of the Closing Date.
13) The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes, except that Essilor Ltd retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
15) The winner may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the Prize Draw and the winner shall participate in such activity on Essilor's reasonable request. The winner consents to the use by Essilor and its related companies, both before and after the closing date of the Prize Draw for an unlimited time, of the winner's voice, image, photograph and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites and social media hosted by Essilor Ltd and its related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the Prize Draw, all entrants consent to the same.
16) The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
17) If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the promotion or invalidate any affected entries/claims. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
18) The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize/gift, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
19) If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
20) Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
21) The Promoter will only use the personal details supplied for the administration of the promotion and for no other purpose, unless we have your consent. Your personal details will at all times be kept confidential and in accordance with current Data Protection legislation. By participating in the Promotion, you agree to the use of your personal data as described here.